11.05.2004

Rabies shots hurt!

I mentioned this ongoing programme of innoculations in a previous post and rest assured it's still going strong. Now hopefully resilient to the myriad attacks from foam-spewing, red-eyed dogs I'm expecting anytime soon, being currently unable to sleep on my right side is a relatively small price to pay. ¥10,500 however, is not.

Wish I'd bought some fireworks tonight. Haven't actually bought fireworks on Bonfire Night for the last 28 years but I'm starting to suspect that I've entered the 'idealising native country' stage of culture shock. Actually, I think it's just a problem with me. I've always been the same with everything, especially relationships - I only ever really want and appreciate something when I don't have it anymore. It's a fucking curse, I tell you.

How did I get onto this? Blogs are odd things aren't they? Who am I talking to?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey reckons...

Mike drinks too much. I think he'll be fine and will not get rabies. Good luck Mike. You are a funny guy. OMOSHIROI...and don't touch my moustache!

12:59 午前 JST  
Blogger Chris Ness reckons...

You talk to me.
I won't listen anymore though, I promise, just don't talk trash.

6:12 午後 JST  
Blogger pik reckons...

Was that the Bush comment in the post below that riled you Chris? Just checking out your blogs and the links on your blogs makes me suspect this.

8:28 午後 JST  
Blogger Indri reckons...

I got the rabies series before I went to Madagascar, just in case I got bitten by a rabid lemur. You're right, it's damned unpleasant.

But you never know...

Do they stil have that arcade video game where you walk a dog? The machine has a treadmilly thing on it? I played that in Tokyo in 2001; thought it was hilarious.

7:46 午前 JST  
Blogger pik reckons...

Indri, I haven't seen this particular arcade game as yet, but rest assured I'm now on the lookout for it!
By the way, thanks for linking to me, meant to thank you much earlier. I have returned the favour.

4:41 午後 JST  

コメントを投稿

<< Home